Madison Open House, May 15, 2014
Cascade hosted an Open House at its Madison, WI headquarters on May 15, 2014. More than 45 individuals attended the day's events, which included two workshops, facility tours, and demonstrations of products and services offered by Cascade. As always, there was a lively discussion among IT Asset Management professionals to share best practices.
Details of the event, and a link to speaker presentations, are provided below. If you want to be notified of future Open House events, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
Seminars and Guest Speakers
10:30 - Noon: "Best Practices in IT Asset Management - Business Case Study and Application of Data Security Protections on Devices"
- Gary Statz, End User Computing Manager at CUNA Mutual Group: Gary leads the IT Asset Disposition program for CUNA Mutual, which is a leading provider of financial services to credit unions and their members. The IT program supports over 4,000 CUNA employees located across the country. Gary also held a similar position at other insurance and accounting firms. He spoke about best practices in ITAD programs at both medium size and Fortune 500 companies. Download a copy of Gary's presentation.
- Kerry Marti, Vice President, Product Services at PDS: Kerry leads the configuration and logistics teams at PDS and has led hundreds of customer IT lifecycle management projects over his 20+ years at PDS. Kerry spoke about lessons learned and best practices when it comes to planning and executing IT deployment and retirement projects which reduce the total cost of ownership of the equipment and improve performance of these devices and the people that use them. Download a copy of Kerry's presentation.
- Joe Mount, Vice President at Tabernus:Joe presented current information about the latest technologies to effectively sanitize data from hard drives, solid state drives, mobile phones, tablets, enterprise storage systems and more. These tools can be used for redeployments in your environment or through disposals at Cascade. Joe also addressed the various data security standards and certifications and their current relevance in this dynamic field. Tabernus is a leading provider of certified data erasure software and hardware solutions. The tool has been formally certified for government use. Download a copy of Joe's presentation.
1:00 - 2:00: "Ensuring you have the Best Systems in Place - Comparing Yourself to Your Peers (Survey Results)"
- Kevin Lehner, President at Environmental Compliance Systems: Kevin has a long history with environmental management. He has been a practicing environmental management systems lead auditor since 1998. Kevin has performed hundreds of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 audits for Accredited Registrars and others. He has also taught many hundreds of people in ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. Kevin spoke about how companies can use business management systems to improve their own processes and to evaluate companies that process their used electronics for reuse and recycling. He also provided an update to new developments in the ISO standards development process. Download a copy of Kevin's presentation.
- Neil Peters-Michaud, CEO of Cascade Asset Management: Neil presented the results of our customer survey. More than 20% of our clients responded to our annual in-depth review of the IT lifecycle practices, from purchasing and disposal forecasts, use of new technology, and best practices in IT Asset Disposition. Neil also presented an update to our research on resale value trends analyzing tens of thousands of devices sold by Cascade for clients over the years. See what your equipment may be worth. Download a copy of Neil's presentation.
Links to resources from Display Area
Cascade hosted several informational displays related to products and services we offer. A link to some of the items featured are listed below:
- Cascade Marketplace - the online store with promotional discounts available to employees of our customers. Contact your customer service representative for the promo code you can share with your employees. Download a document about Cascade Marketplace.
- Cascade Tracker - our online reporting tool provides access to inventory and disposition reports for customers who elect to have Cascade record and report asset serial numbers. Link to information about accessing our demo account, as well as details on how to use Cascade Tracker.
Pictures from the event: