Industry Associations and Trade Groups
- National Association for Information Destruction ("NAID") - Provides resources for the document and media destruction industry, as well as to the people they serve (Cascade is a member).
- International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers - A membership organization serving the needs of professional IT Asset Managers (Cascade is a member).
- ADISA - Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance - A UK based industry standards organization launched for companies that participate in IT asset recovery.
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Details on related regulations (the CRT Rule), statistics and FAQs on e-waste issues, resource guides and more.
- E-Cycle Wisconsin: The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources' (DNR) web site dedicated to the state's recycling law, with additional resources to help.
- Indiana E-Waste: The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) website features information on their e-waste law and additional educational information.
- National Center for Electronics Recycling (NCER): This is a non-governmental organization, but it provides resources on all the state e-waste laws and other governmental programs.
- Solving the e-Waste Problem (StEP): This is a non-governmental, international organization that focuses on e-waste issues and solutions around the world. Cascade collaborates with StEP on the Ethiopia electronics recycling project.
Environmental & Advocacy Organizations
- Electronics TakeBack Coalition - Nongovernmental organization focused on eliminating toxics used in the manufacture of electronics and ensuring e-waste is properly reused and recycled.
- Digital Right to Repair - Advocacy group promoting reuse and repair of products.
- Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition -Committed to protecting workers, community and the environment.
- Basel Action Network - This advocacy group originally exposed the problem of e-waste dumping through their video exposure in China in 2002. They continue to lead the cause of addressing problems with e-waste management in the U.S. and around the world and they also manage the e-Stewards program to offer a solution.
- Product Stewardship Institute - membership-based nonprofit committed to reducing the health, safety, and environmental impacts of consumer products across their lifecycle with a strong focus on sustainable end-of-life management.
- Green Electronics Council - Manages the EPEAT program and supports environmental leadership throughout the lifecycle of electronic technologies.
Academic Research Programs
- International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI) - focused on green design of electronics products.
- IEEE E-Waste research papers - Look here for more than 500 papers related to e-Waste, including a paper published by Cascade on health and safety impacts of CRT recycling.
Resources for Non-Profits:
- Technology site for non-profits - TechSoup - This is a great place to get deals on software available to non-profits and schools on new and refurbished computer equipment.
DaneNet - This Madison, WI area technology non-profit organization offers lower cost consulting, service and products for other non-profits in the area. They also perform community service and host educational programs. Cascade is a long-time supporter of DaneNet and provides them with refurbished computers to resell to local organizations.
If you know of other good sites to include, please contact us.