We come to your site to physically destroy media and their data
If your company has high security needs and absolutely requires hard drives, data tapes, and solid state drives to be physically destroyed so that information is inaccessible and the media cannot be reused, then let us bring one of our portable media destruction units to your site.
We offer the following options for onsite media destruction:
- Solid State Drive destruction - Our portable unit pokes holes through your data, literally. Standard magnetic hard drives, sold state drives, laptop drives and flash media are crushed or disabled by pushing pins throughout the drive. The device is NSA/CSS 9-12 compliant and uses over 90 pins to pierce the solid state media from top and bottom causing both perforation and waffling, which destroy the individual memory chips. This is more effective than shredding since these small chips may pass through shredders unharmed. Watch a video of it in action.
- Hard Drive Crushing - Our portable drive crusher pushes out the spindles of drives and bends the platters (see picture at right).
- Degaussing - our portable degausser destroys data on standard hard drives, laptop drives, and many tape cartridges (DLT, LTO, 3590, and 8 mm tapes).
Crushed media are then placed into a secure bin and sent directly to a Cascade shredder for further size reduction and then recycling. Cascade technicians are also available to pull drives from units prior to crushing and can scan and/or record serial numbers and asset tags of each drive prior to crushing. A Certificate of Destruction and detailed Disposition Report is left with the customer after the drives are crushed.
Why would a company need to crush drives on site?
If your security policy requires the physical destruction of drives on site, then this service is appropriate. Often times, a company may just want to physically destroy drives containing more sensitive information, such as executive’s drives and server drives. Cascade can work with you to pull these hard drives from the units on-site and then crush them in front of your eyes.
The benefits of using Cascade’s on-site crushing service:
- Our crushing tool is more effective at physical destruction than degaussing, drill presses, and the more rudimentary “hammer” technique. It’s also a lot safer than drilling and pounding with a hammer.
- The system is faster than most other options, with its ability to crush 100 - 300 drives per hour.
- The units take just minutes to set up and take down. Each is self contained and can roll into any spot with a 110v outlet.
- Cascade will send an operator who can also remove the drives from devices prior to crushing and record asset details on crushed drives.
The Cascade staff member who operates the device has passed a criminal back ground check and is required to meet the high standards of Cascade’s security and customer service program.
- There’s no mess with this service. When we’re done, everything is cleaned and the drives are hauled away to a Cascade facility for shredding and recycling.