Following growth through the COVID pandemic, Cascade Asset Management has been recognized by the CIO review as the “Most Promising IT Asset Disposition Services Company in 2022”. The recognition follows continued leadership in the development of industry certifications from the National Association of Information Destruction’s AAA Certification and e-Stewards. A series of data breach stories surrounding technology retirement, and feedback from Cascade’s annual Benchmark Report, have brought to the forefront needs for additional rigor on security.
The NAID certification builds on top of data destruction tactics recommended by the National Institute of Standards and Technology 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitization. Examples include:
- Access controls during transit and at processing facilities
- Stability requirements for vendor finances and insurance
- Process adherence measures that are tested frequently
- Employees screening including background checks and regular training
- Compliance against applicable regulatory requirements
- Tools to erase and destroy all media types for which the vendor is certified
- 3rd Party auditing of each control aspect listed above
For more information about the recognition, visit the CIO Review article.
To learn about how Cascade can bring your ITAD to meet ‘Best Practice’ with NAID AAA Certification, please contact us.